Friday, February 13, 2015

羊年吉祥(二)Bak Kwa Cookies

Second type of CNY cookies. Wanted to try this long ago. Finally did it this year! Yes the bak kwa cookies!


Got some Lim Chee Guan bak kwa at home this year. Cutting the bak kwa into small pieces is a bit troublesome though. Heh!


Easy recipe too. No need shaping, just roll into balls. I made 10g each. I like my cookies small so that I can just pop the whole thing into the mouth. :)


Super addictive! Yummy! I'm digging out all the goat year red packets. :)


Bak Kwa Cookies

Ingredients (I make 46 pieces)

125g butter, softened
35g icing sugar, sifted
40g small egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flourm sifted
65g Bak Kwa, mini diced

Method

1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and beat till well incorporated.
3. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Add the flour and bak kwa, and mix thoroughly.
5. Wrap and chill the dough for at least 30 minutes until firm.
6. Roll each ball into 10g each. Place it on a baking tray, spacing out evenly.
7. Bake at 180C for 16-18 minutes, or until it turned slightly brown.

Recipe from: Anncoo Journal and Passionate About Baking