After years of 'torturing' from me, one of the beaters broke while I was making a chiffon cake! I ended up whisking the egg whites with only 1 beater. Luckily, the cake turned out to be good. This would be my last time using this mixer. It had been with me since the day I started baking in 2007. All my simple bakes were done using it. So sad! I have to say thank you very much and it's time to say goodbye... :(
No mixer but I still want to bake. So I made Oreo brownies!
This brownie recipe is adapted from Food and Travel magazine. Instead of frosting it, I just topped with crushed Oreo cookies.
Ingredients: (8 inch square pan)
125g butter, melted
100g sugar (still a little sweet for me)
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
Chopped oreo cookies
1. Grease the baking pan with butter.
2. Melt butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
3. Once the butter melted, remove from heat and add in sugar and mix well.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well.
5. Add in sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Whisk until the mixture is well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the pan. Top with as many chopped Oreo cookies as you like.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 175 deg C for 17-20 min. To check, insert a skewer into the brownie, it should come out clean or with just a few crumbs on it.
* The original recipe uses frosting on the brownie.
75g dark chocolate
75g white chocolate
Melt the dark and white chocolate separately. When the brownie has cooled down, pour the dark chocolate over the brownie. Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate on the dark chocolate. Use a toothpick to make swirls on the frosting.
As instagram has just introduced a new video function, I tried to make a 15 seconds video of the brownie-making procedure. Unfortunately, I failed to post successfully, so I include the video here.
Sorry that the video was a bit shaky and lost focus halfway. It was quite difficult to do it alone. My right hand was busy with adding ingredients and whisking, and at the same time recording with the phone using my left hand (which is not as good as my right hand). Haha!