Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

11 May 2008


Wanted to make something very nice for her on Mother's Day. But as I'm clueless about decorating a cake, I don't think I can come out with any nice decorated cakes. Luckily I found a "good solution" from HHB's blog. She used the sponge fingers to cover the sides of the cake and decorated the top of the cake with fruits. I think it's the best choice for this year's Mother's Day cake.


Method:
1. Bake a sponge cake using HHB's sponge cake recipe. Slice the cake horizontally into 3 layers.
2. Spread the whipped cream between the layers and the top and sides of the cake.
3. Slice the sponge fingers to a suitable length and place around the sides of the cake.
4. Decorate the top of the cake with peach slices.


Although I didn't say this in front of her, I hope she knows it in her heart.

Happy Mother's Day!